ADM Milling: Your Edge in Sustainable Solutions
Achieve your responsible sourcing targets and ESG* goals through our transparent supply chains, and sustainable sourcing and carbon footprint reducing programs.
*ESG goals = Environmental, Social & Governance Goals
Why focus on Carbon Reduction?
Aside from being the right thing to do, Carbon Reduction offers Opportunity. Growing demand for sustainable goods is driving carbon labelling.
Consumers are concerned and taking action! When it comes to sustainability, consumers are increasingly:
- Checking labels for sustainability claims and traceability of supply chain
- Reducing personal footprint by adapting more sustainable ways of living
- Supporting brands with consumer activism and purchase power
What are ADM Milling UK doing?
Reduce Your Carbon Footprint with ADM
ADM’s UK flour milling operations are carbon neutral
At ADM we are leading the way when it comes to meeting our customers’ sustainable supply chain needs and ESG goals.
ADM’s carbon neutral milling network offers meaningful advantages. We can help you reduce supply chain carbon emissions and by partnering on regenerative agriculture programs, we can help you achieve reduced carbon flour.
Unlike carbon credits, ADM’s carbon reduction efforts happen directly in your supply chain.
Scope 1: Our Transport Story
We have made commitments to strive for zero emissions when it comes to our vehicles:
- We operate a modern HGV fleet which delivers in excess of 90% of our bulk flour deliveries nationwide.
- We have invested progressively in new equipment, such as new trucks complying with Euro 6 standards, alongside enhancing our drivers skills.
- As a result of these efforts we have improved our overall fuel efficiency in excess of 10% over the last five years and plan to maintain this trend.
- At the same time we have worked hard to optimise our transport operations to reduce the amount of fuel that we use.
Scope 2: All of our flour is milled with 100% renewable electricity
We strive to find greener power solutions and improve energy efficiency and have made great advances in this throughout the past 5 years.
Since 2017, Knottingley flour mill has received energy from a hydroelectric power station on the nearby River Aire.
This commitment has been further enhanced by our commitment from 2021 to purchase all of our electricity from 100% renewable sources, thereby reducing our GHG emissions from milling operations to almost zero.
Scope 3: Farm-to-Table Transparency
ADM Field to Flour Growers Club - Linking the Supply Chain
The ADM Integrated Sustainable Supply Chain partners with the finest growers of the best possible wheat. Members will engage with ADM to help drive quality, innovation and service as well as delivering an overarching focus on improving the environmental way in which they grow their crops.
Learn more here…
Encouraging the supply chain to increase its positive environmental impact
ADM Agriculture / Cool Farm Alliance
“Our plan is to work with a collective of growers to establish base line data on CO2 emissions, water usage and bio-diversity and develop a medium term programme that demonstrates an improvement across these areas.”
From 2022 harvest, ADM have commitment to –
- Paying a premium to growers to secure 40,000t of wheat.
- In return, our growers have committed to measure their carbon footprint in year 1.
- During years 2 and 3, they will reduce their carbon footprint in partnership with the Cool Farm Alliance.
- Wheat from this agreement can be assigned to customer’s flour requirements.
Learn more about the initiative here…
Bespoke Customer Plans
Via ADM’s national network of farming partners and mills, we can build bespoke plans for our customers.
Critical pillars from customers ESG plans can be
included, such as –
- Carbon reduction
- Waste and water reduction
- Responsible farming
- Reduced food miles via local sourcing
To learn more about partnering with ADM Milling UK to meet your sustainability goals email the ADM Milling Team @ email@example.com or speak to your local ADM representative.