ADM Milling UK is committed to being a World Class Corporation in its stewardship of the environment. We are investing in reducing our energy usage in both our trucks and mills, as well as investing alternative energy generation, such as the hydroelectric power plant positioned across the river to our Knottingley Flour Mill.
- Responsible environmental stewardship
- Investing in reduced energy usage (trucks & mills)
- Investing in alternative energy generation
- ADM Milling UK is committed to being a World Class Corporation in its stewardship of the environment
- We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint with in the UK
- A commitment to Zero waste in to UK landfill
- 100% recycling of all waste and packing materials
- We are members of a UK accredited packing waste recycling scheme
- All of our UK Milling manufacturing locations have an Environmental Permit
- ADM Milling UK has invested in a world class award winning Environmental Management System (GEMINI)
- In UK we have aligned our Environmental Management system to ISO 14001
- We are in the process of gaining Energy Management ISO 50001 accreditation
- We have carried ESOS Energy reductions audits at our UK Mills
- All UK Milling locations have a recycling champion to promote location best practice
3rd November 2017: a new hydroelectric power plant, the largest low-head river hydro plant ever to be built in Yorkshire and the largest plant commissioned in England since the start of the century, will today be officially opened by Geoffrey Boycott, the ex-Yorkshire and England cricketer.
Harnessing the flow of the River Aire, half-mile down river from the iconic Ferrybridge coal-fired power station, the 500kW Knottingley scheme (7 miles east of Wakefield) will generate renewable electricity for a local flour mill and the local electricity grid. It has been developed by Barn Energy, a privately-owned renewable energy project developer.